As I have noted previously in several blogs including Breast Reduction Surgery: Plastic Surgery Study on the Satisfaction of the Results and Breast Reduction Surgery In A Woman Wearing a 36G Bra , virtually all women who have undergone breast reduction surgery have been extremely happy with their decision. And, it is not because, unlike any other cosmetic surgery (or even anything in life!), the results are absolutely perfect and predictable every time such as:
- Being voluptuously shaped
- Having the firmness of youth
- More symmetry and less difference between sides than that required for precision ball bearings used for aerospace applications (Just kidding – wanted to see if you were really reading this!)
- Inconspicuous, short scars
- Maintaining these results indefinitely
No, of course this is not what you can expect though some really spectacular results can be achieved with breast reduction surgery.
The real reasons that women who have had this procedure are so happy are the because of the multitude of beneficial effects that they experience from no longer having gigantic, oppressively heavy and often very pendulous breasts. This transformation profoundly improves their quality of life. Some of these changes can include:
- marked improvement or resolution of neck, back and shoulder pain, headaches and numbness
- eradication of rashes, skin breakdown and skin infections
- less labored breathing both standing and reclining
- can sleep in bed at night without the heavy weight on their chest
- it is much easier to find better fitting and more attractive clothes
- it is easier to find bras that fit and often they are now less expensive
- can engage in sports and work-out activities that they might have had to avoid in the past due to pain, discomfort or embarrassment
- greater self-esteem
- less self consciousness about their breasts
- fewer people gawking at their once oversized breasts
- improved sex life
As a matter of fact and possibly quite surprising to most, the satisfaction rate of women who have had a breast reduction even exceeds that of women who have had a breast augmentation.
In the following video, a patient of mine who had a breast reduction shares her thoughts about the benefits of having this procedure.:
For more information on breast reduction surgery or for any other plastic surgery procedure that I perform, please contact my office at 480-451-3000.
Steven H. Turkeltaub, M.D. P.C.
Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona